Your privacy is important to us
At Hatch Asia your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is important. Hatch Asia is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and subordinate legislation. The following statement outlines how Hatch Asia manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the Act.
For the purposes of the Act the data controller is Hatch Asia Singapore Pte Limited (BRN: 201103910Z) of 30 Raffles Place, Chevron House, Level 23 Singapore 048622.
Personal data – what is it?
Personal data is any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, a data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or other person in respect of the individual.
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other data obtained by Hatch Asia in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal data includes sensitive personal data.
Sensitive personal data – what is it?
When personal data concerns the matters listed in section 2 (a)-(h) of the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, modified or replaced from time to time, it is considered sensitive personal data.
Hatch Asia will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the law.
In most cases, Hatch Asia will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your explicit consent.
Who will be collecting your personal data?
Hatch Asia is a specialist professional recruitment consultancy placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis in supply chain, aerospace, healthcare, industrial projects, oil & gas, accounting and HR roles.
For the purposes of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (the “Conduct Regulations”) Hatch Asia operates as:
- an agency when recruiting for permanent positions or fixed-term assignments direct with Hatch Asia client; and
- an employment business when recruiting for temporary assignments where services will be supplied to Hatch Asia clients via Hatch Asia.
Hatch Asia will be bound by applicable terms of the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct Regulations, unless you do not act for and under the control of Hatch Asia client(s) when providing your services via Hatch Asia or you provide services via a company and you and that company have agreed to opt out of the application of the Conduct Regulations.
Your personal data will be collected by Hatch Asia to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
How will your data be collected?
Generally, Hatch Asia collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you:
- deal with Hatch Asia in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
- supply a CV or application form;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Hatch Asia contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example when Hatch Asia receives:
- any reference about you;
- results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Hatch Asia will normally require you to provide signed consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way) but, if Hatch Asia does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Hatch Asia has collected your personal data.
How Hatch Asia may use and disclose your personal data
How Hatch Asia may use and disclose your personal data:
- to provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to match your details against job vacancies which Hatch Asia feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- to apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
- to allow you submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to Hatch Asia job alerts so that Hatch Asia can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- to market our recruitment services to you across all areas of the Hatch Asia business;
- to develop and market other products and services, to improve Hatch Asia customer service and to make Hatch Asia services more useful to you (which includes tailoring the Hatch Asia website to inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- to maintain and promote Hatch Asia business relationships;
- to answer your enquiries or questions;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged Hatch Asia.
Hatch Asia may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- prospective employers or engagers;
- Hatch Asia insurers;
- a professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Hatch Asia is required by law to do so.
If Hatch Asia engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Hatch Asia instructions.
If Hatch Asia enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Hatch Asia new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Hatch Asia with your personal data, you consent to Hatch Asia disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Hatch Asia will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
If you do not give Hatch Asia the data it seeks
If you do not give Hatch Asia the personal data it seeks (provided that the data sought is reasonable and relevant to the services being provided to or for you), it is unable to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Security of your personal data
Hatch Asia holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Hatch Asia has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Hatch Asia uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- security classification to identify data needing special protection.Hatch Asia will keep your personal data no longer than necessary.
Hatch Asia will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
However, please note that Hatch Asia is obliged under the Conduct Regulations (where applicable) to keep a record of your personal data and other information for a period of at least one year from the date of creation of the record or, if later, at least one year after the date on which Hatch Asia last provides services to you.
You can request access to your data
You may request access to any personal data Hatch Asia holds about you in accordance with the Act. Hatch Asia may charge a fee to cover the reasonable costs of retrieval and supply of the data to you.
Hatch Asia is not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
Hatch Asia may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law.
If Hatch Asia denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Keeping your personal data up to date
Hatch Asia takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
Hatch Asia may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let Hatch Asia know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Hatch Asia to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data Hatch Asia holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Hatch Asia will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If Hatch Asia is unable to agree that the personal data it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may apply to Court for an order for rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please e-mail email@example.com
Cookies are small amounts of information which Hatch Asia stores on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to Hatch Asia, Hatch Asia system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the Hatch Asia website. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the website during future visits. They also allow Hatch Asia to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the website for you.
Clicking on links and banner advertisements and RSS feeds may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Hatch Asia. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as Hatch Asia accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them.