“Unifying Purpose, Shaping Careers” – We believe in a world where organizational strategies are brought to life; when everyone finds value in their work by aligning organizational purpose with people, where we inspire a meaningful and impactful future.
Hatch Asia has been appointed as the executive search partner for our client, a public listed company and an investor and nurturer of Fin-tech and Gov-Tech companies that build impactful, inclusive solutions in the digital and mobile space in Malaysia.
This organization has a reputation for it’s customer centricity and it’s ability to consistently push the needle when it comes to innovating and building new solutions for it’s customers.
The UX Director in this role creates the department’s vision and relays it to team members; a vision that is in line with the organizational values. she/He then acts in such a manner as to inspire and ensuring that the whole UX team produces compelling and industry-leading work.
- Leadership : The Director, UX leads and acts as the principal within the department, at this capacity the role stays responsible for rallying up talent to form not just a department but a team that stays focused on pushing boundaries and working in tandem with product and engineering teams to deliver on world-class user experiences for the organization’s customers.
- Opportunities : As the frontrunner in the department, the director is responsible for the identification of new market opportunities for the product. In this capacity the lead realizes the market requirements that are required for new versions of the product. This role will be played cohesively by the team, however as the director your role will be responsible for enabling a business environment that allows for smooth collaboration, idea generation and cross-functional collaboration to ensure successful execution of the product line strategy.
- Collaboration : This is a huge piece to the role, as the UX Director your role will involve multiple interfacing with product development, design and the marketing functions along with business heads in a unified effort to align their visions and also to ensure consolidated vision is in line with the core values for the business
- Research : the role also plays an analytical role. Being the top-most leader in the UX department, the director is charged with gaining extensive awareness on the product’s strengths and limitations relative to market/consumer trends, competitive threats, market opportunities, and more importantly, consumer experience.
What It Takes
- studied Design (Industrial, Graphic, Interaction or Game Design for instance), human computer interactions, cognitive psychology or social sciences;
- developed digital products such as video games (HD or mobile), apps, web;
- You come from the web, media, entertainment, e-commerce or industrial companies
- You possess analytical skills and ability to combine various sources of data allow you to make data-informed design decision
- You are able to build and drive a vision through appropriate measures and KPIs;
- You can navigate complex situations and tasks with a problem-solving approach
- You show excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
- All information and Priority responses will be given to candidates who are shortlisted.
Employment Agency No: 11C5794