We believe in a world where organisational strategies are brought to life; when everyone finds value in their work by aligning organisational purpose with people, where we inspire a meaningful and impactful future.
We aim to champion the best talent management practices, partnering with our clients to assess, hire and integrate talent strategy for high potential talent into their organisation.
Our customer covers a global network of more than 200 countries and territories of about 200,000 employees worldwide. They offer their customers superior service quality and local knowledge to satisfy their supply chain requirements through their cutting edge solutions.
Your role will report to the Cluster Head of Ocean Freight. You will manage all aspects of the Ocean Freight Operations, develop customer centricity and strategic account management.
- As a leader, you will develop targets, set performance guidelines, monitor and build teamwork while managing resources
- Manage the ocean freight operational teams to ensure customers’ operational/documentation requirements are fulfilled based on an agreed metric
- Handle ad-hoc customer commercial requests on sales/rate quotation and operational issues. Provide the customer with functional insights and work closely with overseas offices/JVs on shipping practical, cost and documentation requirements
- Take the lead in customer engagement and strategic customer interfaces by maintaining professional relationships and providing valuable insights to customers for crucial decision-making activities.
- Monitor carriers’ performance and operational activities. Provide issues resolution, process execution and performance improvement according to corporate policy
- You will ensure Export/Import Operations staff productivity is at optimal performance, including all operational activities such as on-time billings, the accuracy of data entry, customer response time etc.
- You will set, monitor and enforce operational targets, coach and develop the team to ensure that the team can meet operational targets.
- You will be responsible for process improvement that includes processes and cost control.
- You will develop a culture of quality, service excellence (for internal customers), flexibility and cost-consciousness.
What It Takes
- You will require a minimum of 8-years of relevant working experience in the shipping/logistics/ocean freight forwarding industry, at least 4-years in a leadership position.
- Minimum Degree or equivalent with major/s in Shipping/transportation or business management
Interested candidates, please click the "Apply For This Job" Button.
All information will be kept in the strictest confidentiality.
Priority responses will be given to candidates who are shortlisted.
Employment Agency No: 11C5794