“Unifying Purpose, Shaping Careers” – We believe in a world where organizational strategies are brought to life; when everyone finds value in their work by aligning organizational purpose with people, where we inspire a meaningful and impactful future.
Our client has established itself as a top-10 freight forwarder with an established history of providing total logistics solutions and employing over 30,000 employees worldwide. They have a worldwide footprint covering more than 700 locations worldwide.
As part of the Tender management team, you will lead an integral function that is needed to ensure the quality and focus on all RFQ’s to enable the company’s commercial growth plan. This role is instrumental to the business in scaling up its offering to a defined list of accounts and offers best-in-class tender support to other accounts outside of the initial team, together with a powerful team of Business Intelligence professionals that supports Data and Market Intelligence into our tender process and the relationship of using big data analytics as well as a traditional freight forwarding approach to RFQ’s has proved a winning strategy.
This is a leadership role and you will be leading a team of 3
- Responsible for managing the tender process, which would include analysis, coordination, and pricing to provide a customised solution package that would secure business opportunities, in-line with overall business and revenue objectives
- Proactive Management of RFQ cycles and tender calendar and Pipeline, with team and stakeholders around Air
and Ocean business
- Follow up with Bid Owners to provide pre and post-RFQ analysis for critical RFQ and post-cost analysis
- Support bid/tender owners by liaising directly with customers during RFQ/RFP briefings, Q&A sessions before
bid launch and follow-up, after bid submission
- Tender submission to customers on behalf of bid owners (e-submission, email, online uploading, etc…)
- Develop proposals/quotations and identify associated risks involved in the potential engagement of the
company’s regional manager for review and input
- Liaise with Regional teams and Global and regional product/functional departments to understand local and
regional needs to develop customised responses required in the tender scope
- Work with the Marketing & Sales departments of these countries to secure country, regional and/or global
contracts from targeted customers’ RFQs/RFP
- Work with Ocean Freight Procurement to develop quality Ocean Freight pricing and analysis
- Work with Airfreight Procurement in the analysis of rates with the help of various Air Freight tools and feedback
to compile market intelligence.
- Design & develop pricing templates/text responses
- Manage tender timelines based on bid requirements
- Analyse pricing responses against benchmarks, AFR , OFR tools, current contract rates etc.
- Develop and implement best practices for tender management worldwide and help design and lead and implement
- Update progress through the CRM reports into active pipelines.
- Develop and maintain tender management tools working with Business Intelligence to use smart analysis of bids
and market rates
- Proactively engage in enhancements and development of tools that help analyse the feedback
- Maintain a web-based tender database as well as provide monthly reports on bid status to stakeholders
What It Takes
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in the Logistics / Freight Forwarding industry.
- Preferably in the commercial/sales/ management and or Air / Ocean products field
- Previous global RFQ management experience is necessary.
- Develop and implement procurement initiatives and reports that support the business needs and
- Strong analytical experience and working experience in using business intelligence tools will be high advantageous.
Priority responses will be given to candidates who are shortlisted.
Employment Agency No: 11C5794