“Unifying Purpose, Shaping Careers”. We believe in a world where organizational strategies are brought to life; when everyone finds value in their work by aligning organizational purpose with people, where we inspire a meaningful and impactful future.
Hatch Asia has been appointed to lead a confidential search for a Deputy CFO for a global organization that is looking to identify a leader to lead the financial services function of the Group. The role will be focused on managing the group’s funds through effective and diligent financial management and compliance frameworks to buttress the organization’s ambitions and allocate capital and resources to initiatives that will take the organization forward.
This role will focus on working in close partnership with the executive leadership team to bring the organization’s strategic priorities to life. The focus of the role will be to play a business partner-like role to spearhead growth, champion change and bring a strategic mindset through a finance lens to the ELT.
- Leadership : Play the role of an effective business partner to the ELT, the role of being assertive yet finding ways to align on strategic decisions through a finance lens will be exceptionally crucial in this role. the Deputy CFO must provide strategic advise and counsel, with always providing a voice of reason.
- Operations : The Deputy CFO should have a keen eye for business operations and be able to comprehend the value drivers of an organization and the ecosystem the business operates in. Having a strong understanding of business models and the ability to leverage and adopt this intel to provide an independent perspective to constructively challenge commercial and operations teams, ensuring that business decisions are taken in grounded financial criteria will be mission critical to this role.
- Controls : In an increasingly global and volatile economic environment with additional regulatory burdens, it falls on to the lap of this Deputy CFO to ensure adequate assessment and intense mitigation of risk as well as compliance with applicable regulatory or legal requirements are met with diligence.
- Strategy : Supporting and driving the strategy development and working with the ELT through it’s execution is pivotal in this role. The Deputy CFO plays a key role in prioritizing and ensuring the strategy can be funded and stays on track to achieve desired outcomes.
What It Takes
- Candidate would require professional qualifications in Accountancy/Finance.
- Exposure to multiple industries and spending time in various functional leadership roles, would prove to be a major advantage.
- Strong ability to prioritize, align and deploy capital to strategies with a strong commercial lens and appreciation for the industry the organization is in.
- Detailed and process oriented : with the ability to work both on strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at various levels
- Industry expertise across Manufacturing, Transportation, Financial Services would prove to be beneficial, however this search is open to talent from multiple industries. This is a clear succession to the CFO role in a 2-year period which will be a global CFO role.
All information will be kept in the strictest confidentiality.
Priority responses will be given to candidates who are shortlisted.
Employment Agency No: 11C5794