The role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (based in London) and will be a critical partner in shaping the organisations commercial plan in the Asia Pacific Region.
The Company is looking to add an ambitious, entrepreneurial commercial leader to develop and lead the company’s expansion into the Asia Pacific region. This individual will collaborate across a diverse set of commercial constituents while also liaising with stakeholders in Product, Operations and Marketing to help develop the go-to-market strategy.
This role will also be responsible for stewarding high-value business development opportunities. It requires expertise in the Asia Pacific Region, a comprehensive understanding of the freight market and commercial strategies to increase revenue growth.
The ideal candidate is energized by the idea of building something from the ground up, spearheading the development of business development and client engagement strategies, and working in a rapidly scaling commercial environment.
This role will have the opportunity to shape the business direction as we go through business transformation. As a critical piece of the future growth and scale, exceptional candidates will demonstrate a leadership approach to team building, a low ego growth mindset to their own professional development, and seek to continuously improve through feedback.
- Lead the region’s (APAC) commercial development to achieve growth and revenue targets.
- Develop the short, mid and long-term sales strategy to achieve revenue targets while aligning commercial relationships with potential clients.
- Engage directly with the largest prospects (customers) to understand their procurement processes and complexities within their supply chain.
- A key component of the job is building tailor-made business cases that demonstrate how the company is uniquely positioned to solve inefficiencies, identify opportunities and win business.
- Serve as the global liaison for big pitch opportunities by supporting high-value pitch meetings, commercial bid responses, and regional client growth initiatives.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to develop the go-to-market strategy including but not limited to developing and refining market-specific sales enablement materials, including pitch decks, thought leadership, and case studies.
- Partner with Global and local teams to define and size a quantified view of the market opportunity to make recommendations for further optimizing commercial resource planning.
What It Takes
To be an ideal candidate for this role you will have:
- 10 years of strong performance in an Enterprise SaaS B2B sales or Global Account Management Sales role with a strong network among decision-makers.
- An extensive network within the Shipping and Freight Forwarding industries.
- Value based selling technical background with experience in managing and demonstrating success in long (6-12 months) sales cycles.
- Ability to drive pipeline development through outbound campaigns leveraging professional network, market knowledge and strong presence at industry events.
- Deep understanding of the air and ocean freight forwarding and logistics marketplace (customers and markets) in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Proven track record of professional success and target attainment while leading new business wins across the region or at a Global level.
- Demonstrated success navigating global RFP market research bid processes and leading highly consultative proposal and pitch presentations.
- Thrives in a fast, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to travel extensively.
All information will be kept in the strictest confidentiality. Priority responses will be given to candidates who are shortlisted.
Employment Agency No: 11C5794