“Unifying Purpose, Shaping Careers”. We believe in a world where organizational strategies are brought to life; when everyone finds value in their work by aligning organizational purpose with people, where we inspire a meaningful and impactful future.
Our client, one of the largest commodity trading companies worldwide handles, providing warehousing and movement of commodities including non-ferrous and ferrous metals, ferroalloys, project cargo, oil & gas and agricultural products. They are fast expanding their Logistics footprint in Asia.
We are looking for a strong IT leader who will be responsible for creating an IT roadmap for all aspects of Information Systems and Technology and related IT Infrastructure for the Group. This role will require significant experience in global or large-scale regional software deployment and infrastructure programs, as well as in-depth knowledge of current and upcoming trends in the IT field that meets the company’s business needs, delivers optimal return on investment, and maintains utmost security for global business operations.
- Reporting directly to the Group’s Executive Management, this role maintains full responsibility for the Group’s portfolio of information systems programs and IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate with members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the group in achieving business and financial goals.
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways the group can improve its competitiveness, enhance customer service, generate internal process efficiency and strengthen security.
- Develop recommendations to the executive management to implement strategic initiatives accordingly.
- Formulate and maintain corporate IT strategies and policies.
- Responsible for the Group’s IT costs to ensure these are matched to long-term business goals and strategic benefits, with full custody of budgets, contracts, licensing and related IT costs.
- Accountable for new software development/deployment programs with a strong focus on scope, budget, and timelines.
- Management of the Group’s IT infrastructure ensuring high availability, disaster recovery and appropriate security is achieved.
- Ensure buy-in of key global stakeholders on all strategic and operational initiatives/projects.
- Provide consistent and clear communication between all project stakeholders.
- Manage multiple work streams, both internal, external, and regulatory.
- Build and manage IT teams covering software and infrastructure with a focus on global delivery and business support.
- Frequent travel will be required.
What It Takes
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in IT
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in global or large-scale regional Systems delivery projects (SDLC, ERP and Infrastructure).
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure technology such as Azure, DevOps, Cisco / Fortinet, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and anticipated global trends in corporate IT environments.
- Excellent ability to conceptualize long-term business goals and develop orderly processes to accomplish those goals.
- Experienced team leader, project manager and cross-function program manager, with proven strong leadership skills and experience to manage and motivating IT teams.
- Results-oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in a highly collaborative environment.
- Active engagement with various aspects of the business, understanding and relating to the challenges and hurdles faced across departments and providing pro-active support to the complex IT needs across the company.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies, including waterfall, iterative and incremental methodologies (SCRUM preferred).
- Formal Project / Program qualification, for example, PRINCE2.
- Experience in system/application architecture design preferred.
- Proven track record of ERP or full software suite implementation across a global or large-scale regional set-up.
All information will be kept in the strictest confidentiality.
Priority responses will be given to candidates who are shortlisted.
Employment Agency No: 11C5794